BATTLE OF THE COUNTRY BANDS
Saturday, February 18 | 6:00 PM
Rock & Roll Pizza at Harley's Valley Bowl
5255 Cochran Street
INFORMATION AND GENERAL RULES
All bands wishing to register for the “Battle of the Country Bands” contest must read and accept the following rules and regulations before completing the registration form.
● All bands must contain a minimum of three (3) members. However, all members must sign that they have read and understand the rules and regulations. If you have any questions, please contact the organizer prior to signing the form.
● All band members must be at least 18 years of age
● All music performed must be Country
● Bands may bring one roadie to assist them with set-up and break-down and that person must also be listed on the registration form.
● Only band members and the roadie listed on the registration form will be admitted on stage.
● All bands agree to have their name, voice, and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without compensation or rights to royalties for such use
● On the day of the performance, band members must be dressed in clothing free from obscenities. Also, band name and lyrics of songs to be performed should not contain any obscenities. Points will be deducted for any use of obscenities.
● The use of any illegal substances will not be tolerated. If any band member is suspected to be under the influence of an illegal substance, the entire band will be disqualified. notified
● All band members are required to check in at least 30 minutes prior to performance time. If all band members are not present and ready to set up for performance 15 minutes before going on stage, the band will be disqualified.
● All participants are required to be courteous and respectful toward other participating musicians.
EQUIPMENT AND ONSTAGE RULES:
● Participating bands will be informed prior to the 18th, what equipment will be provided
● Band members are responsible for the security of their equipment.
● Each band will be given the opportunity to play for up to twenty (20) minutes.
● Songs can be original or cover songs or songs by other artists and must be of the Country Music genre
● Each band will be given 10 minutes to set up and 10 minutes to break down their equipment so please keep this in mind when designing your set.
● While one band is playing, the next band may start getting ready to set up in the background. However, please do not be disruptive so that the band on stage can be the focus of the judges and the crowd.
● Bands may not use pre-recorded sound material. All bands must play live.
The judging system is designed to keep the contest open to all skill levels and song choices while keeping the event fair and competitive.
There are five categories on which each band will be judged. Each category is worth 100 points. At the end of each performance, the total number of points a band receives from each judge will be added together with the other judges to reach the band’s final score. In the event of a tie, there will be a tiebreaker in which each band in the tie will have an opportunity to play one song of their choice.
INTERACTION WITH AUDIENCE:
QUALITY OF PERFORMANCE:
Copyright © 2023 ROUND UP COUNTRY MUSIC FESTIVAL - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy